SQL SERVER 2005 June CTP Install Tricks Department

Contrary to what you read in the Readme file, you DO NOT have to uninstall Visual Studio.Net 2005 Beta 2 in order to install SQL Server 2005 JUNE CTP.

Just use the Buld Uninstall wizard ( "sqlbuw.exe") from the Tools subfolder to remove your previous beta. Then UNINSTALL .NET Framework 2.0, and
Install the .NET Framework 2.0 from the \Redist\2.0 subfolder. Then the regular Setup.exe from the JUNE 2005 CTP for SQL Server 2005 Enterprise will work perfectly!

Comments

  1. I am facing the same problem, but I cannot find "sqlbuw.exe" under "Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools". Also I am unable to find "\Redist\2.0", what am I missing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stuff is on the CD or the installation image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried what you suggested, but when I intall SQL Express June CTP, it says, there are still some components from previous builds, un-install them and try again.

    Do you have any idea, whats causing problem?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had probelms with package load failures related to Visual Studio and SQL Server installations and was able to get them resolved by following steps on some sites that I posted about in my blog. This post was helpful because after finding it I didn't have access to any sqlbuw.exe so I searched for it and was able to find a solution for people who do not have it. Hopefully this post will help those out there facing a similar situation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FIREFOX / IE Word-Wrap, Word-Break, TABLES FIX

Some observations on Script Callbacks, "AJAX", "ATLAS" "AHAB" and where it's all going.

IE7 - Vista: "Internet Explorer has stopped Working"